Song Analysis Worksheet: King Nothing

Summary

• The song King Nothing is a metal song by Metallica off of their album Load. I chose this song because it is an excellent song and and something I could listen to forever without getting bored of it.

Song Analysis

TOPICMY RESPONSES
SONG TITLEKing Nothing
COMPOSER(S)Metallica
YEAR1996
COUNTRYUS
If you could work on this song (change it), what would you change and why?I wouldn’t change it at all because it is already well written.
What is the song GENRE?Rock/Metal
What is the song KEY?E flat Standard
What is the song TEMPO?112 bpm
What do you like about the RHYTHM?I like the simplicity and the fact that they had a constant rhythm without changing tempo throughout the song.
What do you like about the ARRANGEMENT?I like the smooth changes in riff.
What do you like about the MIX?I like the balance between all of the instruments and how you can hear all of the instruments at some point in the song.
What do you like about the TIMBRE of some or all of the instruments?I like Timbre of the bass because the bass had a clean and slightly distorted sound which really fit the song.
What do you like about the PITCH of some or all of the instruments or vocals?I like that all of the notes (not counting the solo) are relatively low.
Are there particular TRACK(S) that stand out?I like the bass track in the beginning because the bass starts the main riff and gets a few beats to themselves.
Finally, what do you like about the overall COMPOSITION?I like the balance and simplicity of the song.

“A song is a musical composition intended to be performed by the human voice. This is often done at distinct and fixed pitches (melodies) using patterns of sound and silence. Songs contain various forms, such as those including the repetition and variation of sections.” wikipedia.org/wiki/Song