DAW Audio Composition Project

Summary

During this project I wrote a song with the goal of writing a bass solo. I learned many skills such as writing things on the guitar and the drums,

Audio File Formats and Definitions

AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format): stores standard CD-quality audio; similar to WAV (Higher Quality)

WAV (Waveform Audio File Format): CD audio; can be saved with different sampling and bit rates; similar to AIFF (Higher Quality)

MP3 (Audio File): Used to store audiobooks and music on a hard drive; Close to CD-quality sound; the higher quality sound comes from higher bit rates which also take up more storage space

MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface): music data: notes played, when notes are played, how long each note is played, and the velocity of each note played; used to be able to exchange and use information between software and hardware programs; no actual audio data

All the audio file format information is found at: fileinfo.com

Song Used As Template

I chose this song because it is catchy and fun to listen to. It also is very simple in structure.

GarageBand Tracks

My Composition

What I Learned & Problems I Solved

I learned how to use Garage band and how to program drums with it. A problem I solved was when the guitar/bass sound didn’t go through the audio box thing so I couldn’t hear what I was playing.

https://youtu.be/-y1cEwaQK0s